Help my car to survive

Ok after a month of debating whether to sell my car and buy something new,
I've decided FUCK THAT idea and just try to fix her.  This list gave me
hope.  Here's whats going on.

Basically I'm having front end problems.  If I hit a major bump my rack
feels like its shaking.  In general my steering rack feels "loose" - loose
steering and rattling.

Struts are less than a year old.  CV joints are fine.  I KNOW I need to put
new control arm bushings in, and I even have the bushings and NEW control
arms from Potterman too, just need to sink them in.  But other than that, i=
there anything else I should be worried about?  Will the control arms
themselves cause this much problem?  What about the motor mounts? I hate
taking the car on the highway now - it doesn=B9t feel safe somehow.  Mostly
psychological, cause its not really driving *that* bad...

Luckily we have the new Ford for heavy traveling and stuff, so its not like
I cant get around.  I drive the Scirocco daily to work and love the looks I
get from people, especially the other VW owners.  I love my car ... Just
wish I had a proper place to do shit, cause I havent been able to do the
control arms on my street.  Gotta find someone with a garage.

Anyhow, cheers.

Greg

--=20

'84 Scirocco