[Mk1gti] on "euro" injection.....

    I may be shoting blanks here, but as far as i know, o2-based fuel
mixture control on cis-e is for idle only. once that idle switch on the
throttle body is open, all of that goes out the window. They system relies
on the design of the airflow venturi+fuel distributor to get 'close' to
correct a/f ratio all the way up. The one thing this system didnt take into
account was fuel line pressure drop. Well, it does, just to a point. It was
tuned to compensate in a linear fashion, where the pressure drop is actually
exponential. Bosch had to compromise there, pick a good line for overall
drivability (not wot). The real problem with cis at wot is fuel starvation
due to the design of cis, not due to the o2 sensor setup. This is overcome
with our 'power modules', which cheat by boosting control pressure
(therefore fuel pressure at the distributor), so for the same fuel plate
position you get more fuel (overcoing that exponential rise in pressure drop
in the lines/injectors).
    The only other cases i know of where cis alters control pressure
regulator current is for idle coast-down fuel cutoff and for some extra fuel
enrichment (based on rate of change of accelerator position) on
cis-motronic.
Just my 2c
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (shell donor ready to rock, still
planning)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)