Brakes Question

 --- ATS - Patrick Bureau <pbureau@attbi.com> a écrit
: >
> Thanks to Brian Wagner, yesterday I scored a
> complete 16v rear axle and the
> carrier/calipers for the front so I may convert my
> 8v into a 16v brake
> system.

You "may convert"??? you'd better do it!

> > I am aware that the stock 10.1 and 8.9 16v rotors
> are the cheapest solution
> and are probably more than sufficient to brake an 8v
> engine down to a stop.

Yes. Crossed Drilled Rotors are only for show on the
street. Slotted Rotors are an expensive way to avoid
slotting the pads...

> first combination :
>
> Front : 10.1 ATE Sport Slotted Rotor + Mintex Red
> Pads
> Rear  :  8.9 ATE Stock Rotor + Mintex Red Pads.
>
> Second combination:
>
> Front : 10.1 Zimmerman Crossed Drilled Rotor +
> Mintex red Pads
> Rear  :  8.9 Zimmerman Crossed Drilled Rotor +
> MIntex red Pads
>
> Third Combbination:
>
> Front : 10.1 ATE Sport Slotted Rotor + MIntex Red
> pads
> Rear  :  8.9 Zimmerman Crossed Drilled Rotor +
> Mintex Red Pads.
>

> ATS - Patrick Bureau

Get yourself some braided brake lines (6 pieces for
this conversion), and the 16V master cylinder, or the
result will be a very mushy brake pedal.
Don't forget to get rid of them 13" mags of yours.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato