From: Neal Tovsen [mailto:nealtovsen@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 1:25 PM
To: jason_f_snow@nac.net; 'Scirocco Mailing List (Scirocco Mailing
List)'
Subject: RE: [TECH] 16v into 81 Conversion (Electrical) *Please Read*

> Any P/S wires

Are there wires for power steering?? At this point I'm not planning on
power
steering in my '77, but it may become a necessity if the 225 tires and
Quaife are too much. What electrical information does the P/S use?

> I plan on using a piece of thin sheet metal and installing the gauges
> into it before I mount it. Has anyone done this before?

I have a slick (custom machined & black-anodized) gauge panel for the
stock
dash that was made by EMSport. I found out after I bought it that it
probably isn't legal for the Solo-II SM class that I'm going to run. If
you
(or anyone else) is interested, drop me a line. IIRC, it holds the
speedo,
tach, various switches/lights, and 7 other gauges...

Neal