[TECH] 16v into 81 Conversion (Electrical) *Please Read*

Hey Gang,

I'm at that point now. I've printed out the schematics from both
Bentleys. I have made two copies of each (one for reference the other
for notes). My goal is to eliminate things I will not use.

Eliminate:
Any and all A/C wiring
Any and all climate/ heat control wiring (that's right...No
environmental controls, it's gutted)
Any P/S wires

I plan on making a custom dash. Meaning a piece of sheet metal full of
VDO. Any suggestions on instrumentation?

Gauges:
Speedo
RPM
Water Temp
Oil Temp
Oil Pressure
Amperage
Voltage
Brake Light
High beam light
Blinkers/Hazard
Clock

I plan on using a piece of thin sheet metal and installing the gauges
into it before I mount it. Has anyone done this before?

I know that there are other people out there who are at this same stage
in the game. I also know that there are people who have done this
before. My goal is to make a coordinated effort maybe little tidbits
here and there or pitfalls. We NEED to get some kind of documentation on
the website. I know people have attempted to put something together in
the past, but time doesn't always permit that. If you have ANY hints or
suggestions on this swap, please chime in.

Jason F. Snow
Home: (781) 440-9453
Work: (781) 902-3931
Pager:(914) 321-2863