Can you take apart the rear shock assembly without a spring compressor?

--- josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I know I could on my A2, but I'm not sure about the
> A1's...
>
> Finally got my koni's and I need to split them off
> from the Autotech springs they came with (which are
> for sale btw, fit any 8v) then take apart the stuff
> on
> my car currently...
>
> I have mystery lowering springs up front and stock
> springs in the rear.  It's the stock stuff I'm
> worried
> about, I shouldn't need a compressor for the
> lowering
> springs...
>
> -josh

In case nobody responded, the answer is yes (rear
only).

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)