OT: passat vr6 questions

This question is for all you rocco heads who are also driving passats :)

The car is a '93 Passat VR6 wagon, Auto tranny, leather interior, 65k miles
on car. Will not start:

It cranks fine and dandy, not too fast like its got a broken timing chain or
no compression.

Im not hearing anything from the fuel pump at all. I put wires from a
booster pack to the brown and red terminals on the plug in to the fuel pump
and still heard nothing so im assuming that the pump is shot.. im also
hoping that that is whats causing the car to not run.

There is a black controlor box of some sort under the rear seat, it has VW
part number 357 959 875 written on it and it also has EAP 12v- written on
it, 2 electrical connectors, one brown, the other white. This box is making
a pretty loud clicking noise when the car is cranking... any ideas as to
what it is, and if its supposed to be clicking?

The car IS getting spark, the hall sender on the side of the distributor is
broken off, but it is still plugged in at the car sided, and into the
distributor with the actual electrical connections. The distributor also had
some oil in it due to a leaking seal i guess. But the car is getting spark
so the hall sender shouldnt matter right?

If people could help to identify the clicking black controler box under the
rear seat, and give me an idea how much a fuel pump might run me and maybee
a distributor that would be great! Thanks