can you take apart the rear shock assembly without a spring compressor

 Hey Josh, according to the Haynes book, you don't
need the compressor for removing the rear shocks from
the assembly.  I've never done that on my car -
waiting for your shocks!, but other makes of cars I've
done, I haven't had to use my spring compressors for
the rears.  I get nervous when I use my spring
compressors on the front springs because of all the
energy that is stored in that spring when you crank up
the bolt.  Back when I was in high school, some kid
was using the compressors without the safety hooks and
cranking the screw with an air impact gun - the
compressor slipped and the flying spring took a nice
sized chunk out of the cinder block wall at the shop.

Chris J.
'83 scirocco GT
'81 Kawasaki Kz550

 josh Wyte  wrote: I know I could on my A2, but I'm
not sure about theA1's...Finally got my koni's and I
need to split them offfrom the Autotech springs they
came with (which arefor sale btw, fit any 8v) then
take apart the stuff onmy car currently...I have
mystery lowering springs up front and stocksprings in
the rear. It's the stock stuff I'm worriedabout, I
shouldn't need a compressor for the
loweringsprings...-josh=====Josh Wyte Momentum
Motorsports508-833-3024
listScirocco-l@scirocco.orghttp://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l