PS and voltage observations and questions

Hey all,

ok, so it's cold down here in Florida, and since Wednesday (when it got
cold) I've noticed two things:

1- upon cold start, my PS is sticky. In fact, it acts like it doesn't even
want to work until it warms up a bit. Is that normal?

2- I love cold weather. My voltage is higher than it's ever been. I finally
hit 14VDC today!!! (it usually sits around 12VDC) So I'll probably be
blowing the voltage regulator soon! (well, not really, I'm going to adjust
it back down later today).

TIA,

Dan
Tam-pa, FL