From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Brian Haygood
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 2:52 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: [OT] CMR2 Problems

So I'm running CMR2 on a new XP system with a dinky (8MB) video card that
will be upgraded soon.

1) Why do I have to re-assign the controls i want to use every time I start
the game?

2) Why does the screen just go blank when I have a really nasty wreck
(which, of course, hardly ever happens!).  I can hear myself driving, but no
video.  I also get a blank screen for almost every replay.

3) This game is great, but the binary steering is really annoying.  Test
Drive has had steering wheel angle related to joystick angle all along, but
CMR just steers like a $20 RC car.  Are there better joysticks or something
that will solve this?  Anybody have an actual steering wheel?  Is the
steering just as goofy with that?

4) Just got a silver trophy in Finland. Makes me happy.  Lost to McRae by 1
second because I wrecked at the end of stage 8, blowing a 4 second lead.
Arrrrggghhh.