[OT] - Passat Help

--- Cory Langford <cory.langford@icbc.com> wrote:

> I know many Sciroccoites have Passats as winter drivers.
> I am looking
> at a '90 sedan there are a few problems with it.  One of
> the problems is
> the Heated seats and the power sunroof do not work.  The
> owner says they
> both stopped working at the same time.  I checked the
> fuses and they are
> all fine.
>
> Are they on the same circuit?

According to my Bentley, the '90 heated seats are on fuse
#14, the sunroof is on fuse #4.

  Any suggestions as to what
> could be the
> problem.

Sunroof is *probably* a broken guide-rail track - they're
notorious for breaking and very expensive to replace.
Maybe you'll luck out and it will be an electrical problem.

As for tushy toasters, I don't know - I don't have them.

> Also, any general info on what problems a '90 passat had
> that will need
> to be checked or fixed?

Does it have an automatic transmission?  (Blech)  They
don't have the world's greatest reputation.

Nothing terribly specific comes to mind otherwise - what
else is wrong with it?  (hurry, parting a '90 sedan that
must go sooooon....)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos