Suspension questions redux

Hey all, please resists the temptation to flame me for posting this again,
but I'm hoping for a few opionions.
from 12-27....

1.      I think I have seen this before but forget...  Will my ride heigth
be affected if I use the entire front strut asy from the 16v doner Scirocco
in my MK 1   Maybe too high I'm thinking.  16v cars-heavier etc...
2.    I will eventually have the H&RSport/Bilstein Sport and am toying with
the idea of the springs first on the stock "shocks"  then get the "Bils"
later as $ permits.  Can I run the lowered springs (1.25") with the stock
shocks?  If they will blow out in a year I dont care.
3.    Should I do all this upgrading to the original MK1 strut asy/housing
or the 16v's strut asy that is allready on the MK1. See Q 1
4.    Lastly, to add to my confusion on this.  Potter shows 2 separate P/Ns
for the H&R Sport springs. (My first item in the above plan.)  1 for the
Scirocco 16v #54708 and 1 for the A1 #54740 (of which the S 16V is one) ?!

Only want to buy this stuff once but would like to use 15yr old parts
instead of 22 yr old parts when possible. (strut housings)
Thanks for any help/opinions

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"