OT : new GTI announced

...snip Eric
> Is it just me or is this SOOOOOOO far away from what a GTI is supposed to
> be?  Put that 1.8t in a light, well handling car, and that's what would
> make ME think "2002 GTI"!
...end snip

That's what I thought too.  They said it was a fitting tribute to the A1 GTI. How?  The A1 GTI was light, responsive, and understated.  This new GTI sounds heavy, numb (hey, it's an A4 isn't it), and a little loud in the style department.  I'm not saying it sounds like a bad car, just not what I think of when I think of a GTI.

-Brad