16v timing woes...

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1C036.19B2CDC0

Okay so after my rotor did the self destruct thing inside the =
distributer cap, and messed up the hall sender, I had to get a new =
unit...

that was the easy part...

now when I removed the old distributer I was very carefull to note how =
the distributer came off. When I hooked up the new unit the car ran like =
sh%t I was careful not to move a thing when the distributer was off so =
as to not disturb my timing....

So now my timing is messed, okay, well at least it runs... Went down to =
the store and bought a timing gun... Followed proceedures in the =
Bentley, I've got the distributer cranked all the way clockwise and I =
can't see the timing mark... Car will run but has nothing under 2500rpm =
(will stall on takeoff if you don't rev it up).=20

I've got nothing to loose so I advance the cam sproket one tooth (mark =
moved toward the front of the car), I can see the timing mark now! with =
the gun... Car pulls away fine now, just like before... up untill I get =
to about 6000 rpm then it runs out of breath. I haven't put the timing =
back to stock to see if that improves top end but I suspect it would... =
I miss seeing the revs pass 7000 :)=20

Can anyone help out here...

BTW I wouldn't recommend advancing 2 teeth as it sounds like a desel =
when it runs...

jason adams

Fahrvergnugen Forever :)

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1C036.19B2CDC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Okay so after my rotor did the self destruct thing inside the =
distributer=20
cap, and messed up the hall sender, I had to get a new unit...</P>
<P>that was the easy part...</P>
<P>now when I removed the old distributer I was very carefull to note =
how the=20
distributer came off. When I hooked up the new unit the car ran like =
sh%t I was=20
careful not to move a thing when the distributer was off so as to not =
disturb my=20
timing....</P>
<P>So now my timing is messed, okay, well at least it runs... Went down =
to the=20
store and bought a timing gun... Followed proceedures in the Bentley, =
I've got=20
the distributer cranked all the way clockwise and I can't see the timing =
mark...=20
Car will run but has nothing under 2500rpm (will stall on takeoff if you =
don't=20
rev it up). </P>
<P>I've got nothing to loose so I advance the cam sproket one tooth =
(mark moved=20
toward the front of the car), I can see the timing mark now! with the =
gun... Car=20
pulls away fine now, just like before... up untill I get to about 6000 =
rpm then=20
it runs out of breath. I haven't put the timing back to stock to see if =
that=20
improves top end but I suspect it would... I miss seeing the revs pass =
7000 :)=20
</P>
<P>Can anyone help out here...</P>
<P>BTW I wouldn't recommend advancing 2 teeth as it sounds like a desel =
when it=20
runs...</P>
<P>jason adams</P>
<P>Fahrvergnugen Forever :)</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1C036.19B2CDC0--