Shift linkage questions

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1BFE7.5F2845F0

Ok, I'm trying to get the linkage adjusted on my '87 16v. I found the
shift linkage bushings were very worn and replace the three right near
the downpipe. Several questions.

What's the best way to get to the ones under the master cylinder? How
tricky is it getting the shift linkage adjusted? How critical is it? (I
have the Bentley and am following it.) I've heard of an alignment tool.
Anybody have experience with this item?

There is a bushing on the main shift rod from the shifter, is there an
easy way to pull the rod completely and replace that bushing?

Of course short of pulling the trans.

Does any know of a dealer/distributor in the Louisville area that
carries the Redline MTL? I checked at my local Autozone and they didn't
have it.

Finally, my main shifting problem is from 1st to 2nd. I actually have to
move the shifter to the left a little to get it in 2nd. Is this a
"normal" problem and what's the fix?

Thanks guys, I new to the list and am learning anew that misery loves
company.

Wes Brockway

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1BFE7.5F2845F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2713.1100" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ok, I'm trying to get the linkage =
adjusted on my '87=20
16v. I found the shift linkage bushings were very worn and replace the =
three=20
right near the downpipe. Several questions.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>What's the best way to get to the =
ones under=20
the master cylinder? How tricky is it getting the&nbsp;<SPAN=20
class=3D864303304-28022002>s</SPAN>hift linkage adjusted? How critical =
is it? (I=20
have the Bentley and am following it.)<SPAN class=3D864303304-28022002> =
I've heard=20
of an alignment tool. Anybody have experience with this=20
item?</SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is a bushing on the main shift rod =
from the=20
shifter, is there an easy way to pull the rod completely and replace =
that=20
bushing?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Of course short of pulling the =
trans.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does any know of a dealer/distributor in =
the=20
Louisville area that carries the Redline MTL? I checked at my local =
Autozone and=20
they didn't have it.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Finally, my main shifting problem is from =
1st to 2nd.=20
I actually have to move the shifter to the left a little to get it in =
2nd. Is=20
this a "normal" problem and what's the fix?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks guys, I new to the list and am =
learning anew=20
that misery loves company.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Wes =
Brockway</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>