MKII windshield

My MkII had same pitted windshield at 180K miles.  Had to replace it.
Even the new one seems extraordinarily easy to scratch.....
You can't fill the pits.
 I got an auto window polishing kit, but the little areas of distortion left
when the pit is gone are worse than the original pits!!!!

Larry  sandiego16V

Are you serious? The one on my car (MkII) looks to match the odo reading,
280 000 kms, full of pits and nearly impossible to see through when you
drive
into the sunset. The Beetle is heading that way too, (and the Jetta has long
since lost it's factory one)-  soft glass I'd say. No wiper marks, but every
rock that ever hit left its mark. Is there a product to fill these in by any
chance?

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!