[Re: MKI vs MKII windsheild and seals]

Mash <type53@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- Chris Jung <palace_master@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I should get a new windshield for my mk2 then.  Does
> anyone else find that the windshield scratches VERY
> easily on their mk2?  The PO of my car used bad
> windshield wiper blades on my car, so there are bad
> scratch marks from the wipers.  Not only that, but
> there are fine marks from when I used a snow and ice
> scraper to clear the outside of the windshield.  I
> can't remember scratching a windshield with a snow
> scraper on any of the jap or yankee cars I've had.

I've never had this kind of problem with a VAG
windshield . . . =

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Are you serious? The one on my car (MkII) looks to match the odo reading,=
 =

280 000 kms, full of pits and nearly impossible to see through when you d=
rive
into the sunset. The Beetle is heading that way too, (and the Jetta has l=
ong
since lost it's factory one)-  soft glass I'd say. No wiper marks, but ev=
ery
rock that ever hit left its mark. Is there a product to fill these in by =
any
chance?