ABA engine assembly questions...one down...

I don't remember about the various markings you mention. OTOH, on top of
the piston there is a raised pad on part of the non-dished annular outer
circumference. The piston is installed in the block so this pad is at
the rear of the engine as installed in the car. i.e. on the side away
from the sparkplug.
Hope that was clear enough to understand.
Dan