MK1/MKII rubber

I'm so hesitant to pull the glass from my 81; as I mentioned a month or so
ago, the seals in the car are in great shape, no leaks or dry rot.  However,
I need to completely strip the body to see what it will take to make it
pretty again, and that pretty much means removing the glass.

The reason I bring this up is that my brother is just finishing up a
complete frame off restoration of a 1958 Willys Jeep pickup.  He was able to
find a company that is reproducing all the window and door seals for these
vehicles.  Why is it that we can't find a company that is doing the same for
us?  I know I've spoken to the Potterman about this, and he half-jokingly
mentioned that he could retire on the money from producing Scirocco rubber.

At this point the the demand for rubber for MKI/MKII Scirocco's has to be
greater than for some 50 year old jeep pickup, right?

Marc