Help, my gas pedal won't move up

This seems like the best coarse of action. Remove the clip and the
accelerator cable from the throttle body and test the spring. Start the
car... Does it idle normal? if yes check for binding on the throttle cable,
the cable should move smoothly in and out. If no remove the boot over the
throttle body and look inside, are both valves closed? Moving the linkage
should open the small valve first and then as you go further the secondary,
larger valve, you'll feel more tension when you hit the point where the
second valve begins to open. moving slowly close the throttle body, do both
valves close in reverse order? If something is binding the valves from
closing that your problem.

This will at least help you identify if the problem is in the throttle body
or in the cable, there are no springs on the throttle pedal, that's why the
pedal falling to the floor sounds like a broken cable but the idle speed
going up in this case doesn't add up to a cable.

One more thing does the pedal work at all? I mean if you lift it up does
the idle go down to normal? You may have already answered this but I'm on a
roll... The cable attaches to the pedal via a small rubber bushing. maybe
the cable came off, it kinda has a hook shape and might be hooked to
something. remove the panel under the dash and get a flashlight and you'll
see what I'm talking about.

-Raffi