Idle mixture adjustment

     I had my idle mixture adjusted about a year ago at a local shop.  The
car idles great, and runs great, so I haven't really had any reason to mess
with it.
     However, I  recently ordered one of the cis-e mixture test harnesses
for checking fuel mixture, with aspirations of adjusting it myself if
needed.  Reading through the Bentley, this tool provides the differential
regulator pressure current in mA. Mine is about 12-13 fluctuating, which
falls within the normal range. My question is, is differential pressure
regulator current alone an accurate indication of proper idle mixture? Is a
measurement of CO content strictly necessary (probably yes)?

Just wondering,

Aaron
87 16V