From: John Erickson [mailto:hombre@elp.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 6:06 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: 16v Front Crank Oil Seal

It appears as though I have a leaking seal.   I have already got half the
job done due to a water pump change.  Can I change the seal without pulling
the carrier if I don't have the special tool?  I guess its not that big a
deal to drop the pan and pull the carrier.  I just need one more gasket (I
have a pan gasket already).  How about that bolt on the crank?  Is that
going to do me in?  Any tips?

John
The Land of Lost Bolts