[Tech] Engine - Cylinder Pitting

I bought a complete 2L setup today, it came with brand new 3A 8V pistons,
as well as the stock 2L 16V pistons.
I'm either using it in my '83 GTI as an 8V, or in my '79 Scirocco as a
16V...

I'm leaning towards using it in the GTI, since I already have a 9A short
block for the Scirocco.
Plus 3 of the 4 3A pistons are already installed, not torqued down yet...

The block was hot tanked, decked, and completely checked out by the
machine shop.
The cylinders were also honed by a machine shop and they were verified to
be perfectly round. The machine shop said that the slight pitting on the
no.1 and no.4 cylinders was not a big deal, and it's better to leave it
alone.

I'm trying to decide if I should have it bored out, and get some bigger
pistons for it, or do what the machine shop recommended and just use it
as is. The crank was also checked out, and it has been installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Btw, I have a different and empty 9A 2L block that need's a home now.

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - Discount dealer - http://tttuning.com -
Peloquin - http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.autotech.com/ -
http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '81 Scirocco, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.