  From: Jeff Toomasson
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 4:55 PM
  Subject: Can the 16v engine be supported without removing the intake?

  I'm eyeing replacing my rear motor mount, but I can't get to the hoist holes to support the engine. Does the intake HAVE TO BE removed?

  I figure if I have to take the intake off, I might as well take the valve cover off and install my cams.

  I've thought about using the jack to support the engine, but the small jack I have, I already have to use a booster to get the car high enough to work under it...

  Both of the cams and motor mount were things I was going to wait until the 2.0 goes in, but I'm bored and feeling tinkery...I'm sure you all sympathize...

  thanks in advance!  JT

--Boundary_(ID_P2wZefwX0XgCYfo+BX0mSw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Rear mount requires NO support of the engine. the 2
side mounts support the engine, the front and read mounts are for torque
handling only. As for the jack, it may still come in handy to rock the engine a
bit so you can get enough clearance to get the mount out/in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hope this helps</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN<BR>87 Rieger GTO
Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)<BR>86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco
GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)<BR>87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k,
0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)<BR></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=jtoomasson@yahoo.com href="mailto:jtoomasson@yahoo.com";>Jeff
  Toomasson</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  href="mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, February 23, 2002 4:55
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Can the 16v engine be supported
  without removing the intake?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>I'm eyeing replacing my rear motor mount, but I can't get to the hoist
  holes to support the engine. Does the intake&nbsp;HAVE TO BE&nbsp;removed?</P>
  <P>I figure if I have to take the intake off, I might as well take the valve
  cover off and install my cams.</P>
  <P>I've thought about using the jack to support the engine, but the small jack
  I have, I already have to use a booster to get the car high enough to work
  under it...</P>
  <P>Both of the cams and motor mount were&nbsp;things I was going to wait until
  the 2.0 goes in, but I'm bored and feeling tinkery...I'm sure you all
  sympathize...</P>
  <P>thanks in advance!&nbsp; JT</P>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=1>
  <B>Do You Yahoo!?</B><BR><A href="http://sports.yahoo.com/oly";>Yahoo!
  Sports</A> - Coverage of the 2002 Olympic Games</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_P2wZefwX0XgCYfo+BX0mSw)--