Crazy Thing Happened Today

Tyler,
The good news is nothing really bad happened at this point and the car is
still running well. (?)  There was coolant in it unlike an overheating
situation when it's all leaked out and the motor gets baked.  So, your motor
got stressed from getting hot and it may or may not have problems down the
road.  I've had 2 experiences with minor over-heating once with a frozen
radiator (that was me having one of my "moments") and once with a bad
radiator cap after rapidly climbing the Berkshires on the MA Turnpike.  The
first motor is in storage waiting for the right project to come along (run
for many thousands of miles before put away) and the other is still in my
daily driver with more than 120k miles since the episode (274k total).  Just
keep a close eye on things to make sure everything is OK.

Erik L