Time for swaybars... Opinions?

Raffi asked:
> So I need to update my swaybars...
> Neuspeed, ABT, Eurosport, etc... Opinions anyone?

Well, I just ditched my old Neuspeed 25mm rear bar for one from Shine Racing
Service. I also rather like Autotech's "lollipop" rear swaybar design
because it does not bind as it goes through its range of motion.

> I'll go with the 25mm in front but
> 25 or 28 in the back is another question.

A 25mm front bar sounds too big to me. -understeer city! Actually, I thought
22mm was about as big as they got in the front. Whatever the reality, a 22mm
front/28mm rear makes more sense to me. That is, unless you subscribe to the
Shine Racing philosophy of no front bar. But, that is another story
completely. :^)

What are you doing with this car, anyway? I've loved my 19mm front/25mm rear
on New Jersey's sometimes smooth/ sometimes bumpy/ frequently off camber
backroads. Now that I'm going to run the Shine rear bar (huge!), I may try a
22mm front. I'll keep yuz posted with my experience.

> Do the light weight
> bars perform as well as the solids?

Well, they aren't as stiff in the same diameter, if that's what you're
asking. The hollow bars are supposed to reduce weight, but you end up
running bigger diameters to make up for the lost torsional stiffness. I'm
not sure how it all balances out, but it is mostly a bunch of
Autotech-generated marketing hype in my opinion.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!