Please, somebody,anybody help me!!

Well, could be totally unrelated, but I had a similar
problem - rpm would drop WAY down - the car would
almost die when exiting the freeway and decelerating
from 80mph.  It was a persistent problem for a couple
weeks.

Took it to a mechanic / vw friend and he suggested the
intake.  Sprayed some carb and choke cleaner on the
butterfly valves, made sure everything was turning
freely, and presto - no more problem.  He said that
one of the intakes was probably sticking when I let
off the gas....

Might help, might damn you for all of eternity... hope
it's the first one

Mark