What is needed.... (brake conversion)

--- Curtis Schofield <schofiel@telusplanet.net> wrote:
> What is needed to do a rear disk brake conversion on
> a drum brake rocco?
>
> I ask because there is a 87 scirocco 16v in the
> wrecking yard
> and it would be a perfect time to grab everything.
>
> Do i have to use the complete rear axle?.. should i?
> (also what is a reasonable price for one.. so i know
> if the
> people at the wrecking yard are trying to fux0r me)
>
> Or can i get away with taking the hubs and such..
>
> teach me wise ones  ;)

Please search the list archives on Scirocco.org. If
you still have questions after that, come back ;-)

This has been covered many many times.

(BTW, I am doing this as well).

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)