laundry list: 2.0 16v into mk1

Joe Doty wrote:

> My friend is putting a complete 2.0 16v into his mk1.  What all else will he
> need?  We plan on putting the airbox on the passenger's side, and he has the
> complete motronic setup.  With a p-chip, to boot.  Lucky bastard got all of
> it for $700.
>
> Here's the list so far:
>
> 16v throttle cable
> scirocco 16v exhaust manifold
> scirocco 16v downpipe
> scirocco 16v passenger's side motor mount
> 210mm flywheel
> 210mm clutch setup
> coolant expansion tank...?
>
> Please add/delete items from the list.  :)
>
> Thanks
> Joe
>
> ____

- Motronic = Fuel system, but doesn't it also = Ignition system too?
What of the knock sensor, Ign, coil system? Does he have the whole loom
or going to graft to the existing Mk1?  (Ooops, you mention the whole
setup w/ P chip. Never mind.)

- 2.0" cat back exhaust (larger than stock Mk1).

- If the original Mk1 Rad is used you don't need the expansion bottle.

- If you are using the Mk1 Rad and are keeping the 16v mostly stock then
it should handle the heat, but I might still suggest an oil cooler (not
that stock VW nasty bit), one with a thermostatic valve in it.

- If you are using the later Rad w/ Exp. bottle then you might look at
those 16v only hoses and redo them, (maybe later when you cross that
bridge) to replumb them with hoses that don't need that special 16v only
hose ($$$).

- How many miles on the motor? Any thoughts to a refurb while it's out
of the chassis? Replace oil pump?

hth,
TBerk