Cheapass faster steering ratio idea??

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Ron Pieper wrote:

> I have a sneaky feeling Dan is right..but I'm still going to mull it
> over.  My old prof said "when in doubt, exaggerate."
I think he is right...

As i mull it over, the force vectors would still all be transmittted to
where the thing attaches, no matter whats in between. even if you
exagerate and put big bends in teh tie rod, it still puts the force at the
attachment point.

The force vectors will just say how hard the tie-rod trys to twist itself
into a pretzel ;)

However, all the math i did in that other post does hold true for moving
the attachment point, like in that lotus kitcar link i sent... and the
more i think about it, that one just might work, with a thick enough wall
boxed tube, and the part about his that bothers me is that he didnt weld a
bushing tube through the box tube, but that might be a) impossible or
b) overkill.

take care,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org