Cheapass faster steering ratio idea??

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Scirocco-Al wrote:

> You still will have the same effective length between the inner tie rod and
> the connection of the tie rod to the hub carrier.  Unless I'm missing
> something, I think you will end up with the same thing you already have.

The more impaortant factor is the angle of the tire rod rather than wether
or not the attachment is offset...

In physics there is something called a force vector, but this would show
that even though the actual point of attachment is further outboard, teh
force will be effectively applied at the point where a straight line along
the rod would intersect the spindle... imagine offsetting it half the
length of the spindle arm... it would take half the distanec to turn as
long as the tie rod was pinting at the center of the spindle it wouldnt
matter if it was attached at both ends one end or ???

But i could be wrong on this one, its been a while.

take care,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org