Compression

Cathy wrote:
> And hopefully DOES thousands of times daily in my "change the timing belt
> religiously or else the valves WILL touch" TDI. Just did the belt to AVOID
> collisions. But it can knock and ping all it wants. Kinda scares me when I
> know this stuff...
>
> You know my opinion on thongs, but with shaved legs, maybe it's in order here
> ;)
>
> Cathy, knockin' and pingin' till spring...

Ooops, I was thinking Detonation caused by mistimed ignition.

What was _I_ thinking?   8])

SO- knocking & pinging can be a good thing-

TBerk
btw: carbon build up can be a source of hot spots in the cylinder. This
can cause pinging where none would other wise. The Italian Tune Up I
mentioned earlier can help to blow some of this out, as can cleaners
like Techrolene.