Compression

=>Patrick:
=>What are we going to do with you?

Does it involves shaving and a thong ?? (GRIN)

=>>
=>> The 16v pistons I have seen (2L block) where notched and  flat,
=>the notch
=>is
=>> to clear the valves to prevent "knock"
=>>
=>The notch is not there to prevent "knock". It's there to prevent
=>"collision"!!!

you call it Coliision I call it knock or ping, when a valve touches the
piston... its knock or ping .. tomatoes tomaatoes same thing.

=>
=>> THe piston does not come out of the head, why? simple, piston rings, if
=>the
=>> piston head came out of the block, the rings would surely catch on the
=>> gasket between head/block and we all know this is not happening. it
=>normally
=>> tops at the closest edge of the topline of the block
=>
=>Since the rings are typically 4-6mm down from the top of the piston it is
=>indeed possible for the piston to protrude from the top of the block some
=>small amount. The practical limitation is the compressed head gasket
=>thickness minus about 1mm to keep the piston from hitting the head.
=>

you right, I was absolutely not awake at 5am this morning..
=>>
=>> [ A Texan's Scirocco - Patrick Bureau ]
=>> [ 1985 8v Prowler Orange Kamei X1     ]
=>
=>