From: "doug czajka" <scirocco16v@europe.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 7:53 PM
Subject: sending unit - which is which

> Ok, on the side of the 16v head, there is two sending units that are the
same part #.  One is closer to the front of the car and one is closer to the
passenger compartment.  Also there is a green wire w/black stripe, and a
yellow wire w/red stripe that goes to them.  My Question is, which wire goes
to which unit?  I know the yellow wire is the lead for the temp guage.  Also
right now i have the yellow wire on the back unit, but the guage just climbs
at a steady pace to the top of the guage.  So i think it may be getting a
ground signal?  Does the yellow w/red wire go on the sending unit closest to
the front of the car?

http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=http://
www.getpennytalk.com