Quaife vs Peloquin (was: Peloquin shim kit question...)

The shim kits and a Quaife should simply not be compared. The difference is
tremendous. One offers a subtle improvement for a very modest price. The
other makes for a night/day difference for a high premium. As for your
150hp, you've definitely got enough under the hood for a Quaife to help you
out. All I had in the Warpig (my old 2.0l 8v-powered Rabbit GTI rallycar)
was about that much power.

The Quaife was so magnificent that I swore I was driving AWD the first time
out there on the stage roads. Nail the gas mid-turn and your line
*tightens*! The effects on wet pavement are just as dramatic. On dry grippy
surfaces, the difference is also great, but at higher speeds.

I'll never go back to an open diff. They truly suck. :^)

P.S. A great thing about a Quaife on the street is that you can run a front
swaybar without any fear of losing traction out of the corners. I wonder
what Shine Racing would say about that!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut