From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of doug czajka
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 00:40
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: i am screwed

i'm screwed i guess in less anyone can help me solve this one.  I was
putting in a new distributor tonight, and i got it put on no problems.  I
adjusted the timing with the light and all that.  and then disaster strikes.
As I was tightening down the bolt on the backside (closest to driver) of the
distributor, my socket pops off my shitty craftsmen ratchet and falls right
in the damn timing hole.  So i'm fuct.  This could only happen to me.  It
was a 10mm deep socket with a 3/8M to 1/4F adater, So it had to fall at the
perfect angle to get in the hole. damn.

I'm guessing i have to unbolt the tranny from the engine to get it out?
Maybe i should start shopping for a 4k...

damn damn damn
--

Doug C.
'88 16v