DOH! speeding ticket, question about radar detection

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:55:26 -0600 "ATS - Patrick Bureau"
<pbureau@attbi.com> writes:

> DOH! enjoying a newly layed out stretchs of asphalt on a back road
> of suunnyvale, and cruising at 50 (zoned at 35) I turn the last curve
> and cross path with a sheriff driving opposite direction... he
> lights up and pulls me over... ticket issued for 50mph in a 35 zone.
> I deserve it but I have a technical question.
>
> since when a moving vehicule mounted with a radar detector system
> can clock an incoming car on the road? I was under the impression they
had to
> be immobile to ensure that the reading is correctly read on a speeding
> vehicule.
>
> damn now I will have to take defensive driving course to get out of
> this one.. hhehehehe

Speaking of traffic tickets...

I just got back from Staunton VA, I had to appear on a "Reckless Driving"
charge, for doing 88MPH in a 65MPH zone...

Luckily my friend Tom Pappalardo lives in Staunton, so went up yesterday,
went bar-hopping and crashed at his place.
Tom has a Mars Red '81 S, that he's building a 1.8L for... There was a
dude at the Biestro, that converted a VW Pickup into a king cab pickup,
with a Taurus SHO V6 in the rear, and a 2.2L Chrysler Turbo in the front,
I wanted to check it out, but the dude was way F'd up... First he tells
me 8.7 sec 1/4 mile, and I'm like yeah right... And then he says oh, it's
8.7 sec in the 1/8th, which sounds believable.

I woke up at 8:30 and the courthouse was like 5 min away, a lot better
than getting up at 4AM and driving 4 hours.

Some young kid in a suit, was before me, got "Reckless Driving" for doing
90 in a 65...
Similar charge, the kid had nothing to say when asked by the judge, and
he got a $250 fine and a 6 month license suspension.

I get called up there...

I told him the old speedo was way off, and handed him a receipt for a
brand new MotoMeter 160MPH speedo.
He asked if I had the old one checked, I said no, I just bought a new
speedometer instead. I built the car from the ground up and the speedo
that I installed came from my parts bin, and it just wasn't working
right.

He asked if I got it fixed...

I said yes...

He said not guilty, you are free to go.

Thank you very much.

This might not work in Texas, but it's sure worth a try!

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - Discount dealer - http://tttuning.com -
Peloquin - http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.autotech.com/ -
http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '81 Scirocco, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.