DOH! speeding ticket, question about radar detection

Actually, from what I understand, they do NOT tie into the speedo. RADARs
measure the speed of the strongest signal relative to the average "speed" of
the background noise. Thus, the speedo is unnecessary.

There's a TON of information available from the National Motorists Assoc. at
http://www.motorists.org. They can be a little overboard in their political
views at times, but their info seems to be generally good. They saved my a$$
from a ticket in a town so notorious for speed traps that it has been
boycotted by AAA and covered by 60 Minutes. Everybody told me there was NO
WAY I'd get out of a ticket issued in that county, but I did. I did it
without a lawyer, and so did my friend.

In my case I knew honestly in my heart (yes, I'm being serious) that I was
NOT speeding, but even if you were, you can still fight tickets with the
same techniques.

Moral of the story: Speeding enforcement rarely has anything to do with
safety. It is a legal form of extortion. If you fight it and lose, they win.
If you don't fight it, they win automatically. The decision is yours, but
know everything you can before you decide.

Neal