Mk1 Windshields, no longer avail.?

--- R Block <thesirocco@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, I got a new windshield & gasket installed in
> Cosmos today (81
> Scirocco) for $313.00 (ouch!).
>
> It took the glass shop a couple weeks to track down
> a new one and a new gasket.
> He say's the glass is no longer available and there
> are very few gaskets left.
> I called some other glass shops and verified what he
> told me :(
> If you have a cracked windshield in your Mk1 you
> better find one now or
> start looking for one in a wrecking yard.
> I have the guy currently trying to track down
> another new one for Mars but
> fear he will be unsuccessful :(
> The gaskets are also getting rare, he found a couple
> but they are not
> expected to be around too much longer.
>
> On the 1hr. drive to the glass shop I found some
> issues:
> Cooling problem (probably a bad thermostat/waterpump
> or needs to be flushed)
> Loose steering rack (time for a complete suspension
> rebuild)
> Stock exhaust hitting shift linkage (time to rebuild
> and install custom
> spherical bearing linkages)
>
> Thought I'd share :)
>
> Randy
> www.myscirocco.org

SHITE!

Another thing to add to my list of worries . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)