Rollbars, swaybars and recaros...

Bear with me on the multi subject post, I'm on the
digest!  :-)

I felt a dramatic increase in chassis rigidity in my
A2 GTI.  It was so much more solid feeling that all my
friends commented on it and they were in the passenger
seat!  Seeing as the A2 is a more stiff chassis than
the A1 to begin with...  I would go with a quality
rollbar tho, not something some guy has slapped
together.

I'm actually installing a rollcage in my rocco, that
ought to make a nice difference.

Shine doesn't really advocate removing the stock
swaybar for street driving.  They take it's roll
stiffness into account with all their "street" kits.
If you want to remove it, great!  A swaybar up front
will add understeer and not make any difference in
chassis rigidity.

If you decide to go with the power recaros from the A2
16v Jettas/GTI's be aware that you WANT the power
ones!  The manual ones (which look almost the same)
don't sit anywhere near as low...  Also, if you want
these to bolt right in and have the proper height you
need to source the power seat frames from the Canadian
Corrado's that came stock with recaros.  Hard to find
and expensive, but it'll make the seats plug and play.

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte
Momentum Motorsports