From: "doug czajka" <scirocco16v@europe.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 4:33 PM
Subject: leaky distributor ?

> ok so my distributor on my 88 16v was leaking oil and im  going to replace it...well i got the old
one out and was wondering where is it leaking from?  Do i need to pull the valve cover and a cam to
replace a faulty seal?  Or will putting in the new distributor cure my problem?  I can't really see
the "shaft seal" i've heard talk about that causes these leaks.  hmm...

> Also, anyone got any tips on setting the ignition timin on a 16v? It seems damn near impossible to
get a timing light into the timing hole on the tranny because of all the shit above it.