leaky distributor ?

It leaks where the distributor shaft enters the distributor housing.  A new
distributor will cure the leak.

Timing - make sure you remove the green plug as well as the little black
insert.  I thought I would have the same problem, but the timing mark is
huge and if you shoot the light with the gun close to the airbox, you won't
have a problem.

There are two sets of holes for the distributor mounting bolts.  Top left
and lower right are the correct ones.  I found out the hard way the others
were wrong.  The car started anyway, but wouldn't do anything but idle.

John