questions for mr audi

I'm not Mr. Audi, but I can answer the question. Others on the list may want
to know also, so to the list it goes...

Anyway, pop off the cover for the sunroof motor. I believe there is a screw
under the light, which pops out (but is delicate).

Now you will see a "Z" shapes allen wrench in the cover, and a sort of lever
on the motor. This lever is what keeps the motor engaged to the sunroof
gears, so by disengaging the lever (you'll know what I mean when you see it)
you disengage the motor. Now you can insert the allen wrench in the obvious
location and gently turn it. Don't force it, because if the cables have
siezed then you may snap them and make your life a big pain.

Once done, and the motor is fixed (or whatever), you may need to reset the
"home" position. Leave the lever disengaged, and use the sunroof switch to
operate the motor to the "closed" position. Engage the lever and put the
cover back on.

This would only work if the motor/electricals are the problem, for
mechanical sunroof problems, you will need to remove the sunroof and see
what the problem is. Perhaps a good cleaning is all it needs.

If the motor is the problem, check the fuse first, it's the
simplest/cheapest fix. :-)

HTH,
Jonas
78 Scirocco RD