can't get crank balancer off!

<DIV></DIV>
<P>Hey all-</P>
<P>I've gotten my engine down to nothing but the bottom end(no head, accessories)&nbsp; The pressure plate is still on(flywheel and clutch are not).&nbsp; It is sitting on an engine stand. You next have to take off the crank balancer bolt right?&nbsp; I've tried an impact wrench on it with no success.&nbsp; Once(IF) I get the balancer bolt off, how am I ever going to get the pressure plate off???(can't stop crank rotation)&nbsp; Also,&nbsp;&nbsp;is there any way to&nbsp;remove the timing belt without taking of the crank balancer?&nbsp; My Hanes manual says to just remove the timing cover, but they seem to have forgotten there is a bottom cover also...&nbsp; &nbsp; sorry to ask so much, I'm just upset because I'm losing the war with this engine(broken bolts strewn across the floor; the smell of grease/carbon/WD-40/rotten gasoline; oil splattered everywhere)</P>
<P>Thanks-</P>
<P>Rob</P>
<P><BR><BR><BR>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>