changing to a long ratio box - do I or don't I?

I posted last week that I had the opportunity of a MKIII golf GTI box. It
turns out that it's in fact not a GTI box but in fact an ATH code box,  more
an equivalent to the scirocco 4+E - the gear ratios are very similar but
with a 3.67 final drive, like my current 9A close-ratio box, instead of 3.89
on the 4+E.
The question now is, does anyone have practical experience of running an 8v
2.0L 3A/AAD audi engine/4-branch manifold/free-flow exhaust/no cat/k&n  with
one of these boxes, or one with similar gear ratios
(FD=3.67,1=3.45,2=1.94,3=1.29,4=.91,5=.75).  I'm guessing at around
125-130BHP with good low torque for my setup: stock is 115bhp with cat. I
quite like the idea of the tall 5th but I'm not sure how much driveability
will suffer. Note that this is a daily driver and not a drag/autox machine.
The golf box was originally intended to go in my 1.6 carb which has a
terminally ill 4+E but I could just swap in the close ratio box from the 2L
and use the new box in its place.
Any opinion would be useful.

TIA,

Ewan Hopkins