toe-out

When someone speaks of "1/8 inches of toe-out", where are they measuring
from/to?
The Bentley gives toe specs in degrees (minutes of a degree, actually).

An old Ford Fiesta manual indicated that it is the difference between the
distances between the front of the wheel rims and the rear of the rims,
taken at the 9o'clock and the 3o'clock positions. If this is true, wouldn't
larger (or smaller) diameter wheels throw this measurement off?  If so,
would it be enough to even matter?
  I detest taking my 'roc to the ham-fisted animals who work in the
alignment shops around here and would like to do the work myself.

Larry  sandiego16V

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!