Will a little JB Weld help this??

Well I got my shift linkage parts on Thursday and went to put them on my car
today to try to sort out my tranny issues.  When I started crawling around
under the car I noticed this http://66.47.100.223/images/hole.jpg

That's the dreaded self-machining...

So I'm
pretty sure I will be needing a new tranny after all.  On a positive note I
did wax most of the car and the paint looks pretty decent.
http://66.47.100.223/images/front.jpg http://66.47.100.223/images/side.jpg
Here are the "before"  shots.  http://66.47.100.223/scirocco  I am planning
to replace the clutch and put in a lightened flywheel when I swap the
tranny.  Anything else I should do while I'm in there?
Patrick

Have a bolt kit installed on your next transaxle...

The factory rivets don't hold up to hard driving, pieces break off, and there's not enough room, for the rivet fragments, and the ring gear.
The bolt kit replaces the rivets with bolts that have locking shims, and snap rings.

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - Discount dealer - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin - http://quaifeamerica.com/ - http://www.autotech.com/ - http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '81 Scirocco, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.