120 Amp alternator

--- "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@home.com> wrote:
> My question is, why on Earth would you need such a
> huge alternator?

Because it's on E-Bay of course! No, I just figured I
wanted to upgrade to a 90amp and came across this new
120 amp alt. and got to thinking the price seemed good
so why not?

> Hmm... I guess the stereo freaks could use the
> juice... but, that always seemed contrary to
> what a Scirocco is all about.

That would be me on the stereo freaks thing. My
Scirocco is intended to be my daily driver, and I
can't stand crappy car stereo's, so I invested in some
decent equipment and would like to supply it with
ample juice.

> I mean, the cars are so damned loud that you
> can't hear the whole sonic range, anyway.

Mine was load, until I tore the carpet out and went
crazy with the spray-in sound deadener/Dyna-mat/ and
thick carpet padding. It's pretty quite by Scirocco
standards now, no Lexus mind you, but definite
improvement.

Later...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86 Scirocco 16V
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4