Final Body Kit Question

Ok, well here I am guessing that it is a "16V Body
Kit".

I installed one on my '83.

Go to the Dealership, get the following parts:
873 853 139 expanding nut (main ones to get)
811 807 577 C speed nut (get this one as well)
533 853 139  expanding nut (mmm, maybe)

The first part (873 853 139) will fit into a round
hole in the sheet metal, and is square on top, so it
fits snuggly into the body kit, while you screw it.

The second part (811 807 577), is used for the front
wheel arches, and they are probably already there, to
hold the inner plastic thing.

The third part (533 853 139) is for the rear arches.
It needs square holes in the body. Do you have a punch
tool? Me I don't, so I drilled round holes, and I used
black tye-wraps for the rear arches (hey, if I don't
tell, it does not show).

I drilled the holes, then I applied some primer/paint,
then I applied some grease. It sould get you a rust
proof installation. Also, I do not remember on which
order I installed the kit (that was in 1996), but
there is a logical order to do it, so it will fit
right on. I will scan some pictures, and I will post
my IP address, for the enquiring minds.

Plus you will need some kind of glue (black gook), I
do not remember which one, but it was posted about a
month ago, so you might have some luck browsing
through the archives.

I think it is worth it to get it right with original
fasteners. My 2 cents.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

Ok, so I'm finally going to put the body kit on, I