Lower Radiator hose

I had this problem in the past on my 8v, the temp would sit on 3/4 almost
all the time, never overheating just sitting hot.

I changed all my hoses, upper/lower radiator, upper/lower waterpump
upper/lower oil cooler and found that it helped , now the temp occilated
between 3/4 and 1/2 but remained a long time on 3/4 while the fan ran for
3-4 mins at a time.

I changed the thermostat, and this did indeed help as the occilation beteen
1/2 and 3/4 was more regular, but found it was still rapidly moving to want
to stick to 3/4 as the fan only now for 1-2.5 mins at a time.

I performed a flush and replaced the water pump and now the fan runs for
30-40 secs, and the normal occilation of the temp reading floats 1/2-3/4 but
never for a long amount of time as I have also upgraded my fan to a dual
electric fan, and only runs for 20-25secs at a shot.

hope this helps you in your "coolant" endeavour.
Patrick